COVER STORY: Ecopilas redoubles its commitment to combine sport with recycling during 15th Anniversary
SECONDARY SHREDDERS: COMPARATIVE TABLE & TECHNICAL GUIDE
- Optimisation of one-step processing of RDF with single-shaft shredders
- Construction and demolition waste: how to transform waste into an opportunity?
CIRCULAR ECONOMY. SMART WASTE
- The UrBAN-WASTE project.
- Lead-acid batteries…a paradigm of the circular economy.
- New SIGAUS report.
- SmartWaste: A step towards the society of the future.
- Closing the loop.
- REPARA 2.0: A new infrastructure management concept.
- Recycling and waste recovery in the spanish cement industry.
- Valorisation of spent foundry sand in construction applications.
- REMEDISOST: Methodology to evaluate the sustainability of contaminated soil remediation alternatives.
- LIFE+ RELEACH Project: Reducing environmental impact in waste management. Innovative leachate treatment with recovered membranes.
ECOPILAS REDOUBLES ITS COMMITMENT TO COMBINE SPORT WITH RECYCLING DURING 15th ANNIVERSARY
Coinciding with the latest edition of EcoEncuentro, the Ecopilas Foundation launched the “By Your Side” (“A tu lado”) campaign to celebrate its fifteenth anniversary. Throughout 2017, the Foundation has intensified its work of bringing battery collection closer to citizens. It has done so particularly through sport, with intensive cooperation and sponsorship of competitions at the highest level.
This year, Ecopilas has collaborated with the Vuelta a España, Vuelta a Burgos and Vuelta a Asturias cycling events; the International Descent of the Sella (Descenso Internacional del Sella) canoeing event and the adapted version of the event for disabled participants; as well as nautical events organised by the Ecomar Foundation. Ecopilas has opted to support less publicised sports that are gaining in popularity by the year, sports that stand out due to the physical efforts involved and their eco-friendly nature. Examples include mountain biking, a sport in which the Foundation sponsors the Extremadura- Ecopilas MTB team, bicycle touring, in the form of the Pruebas Quebrantahuesos de Aragón and Cross de Atapuerca, as well as the Reino Astur Mountain Bike Marathon.
In the specific case of the Vuelta a España (Cycling Tour of Spain), Ecopilas carried out awareness and collection campaigns, through the installation of collection boxes at the starting and finishing lines of all the stages. These boxes were identical to over 37,000 such boxes deployed throughout Spain. The Foundation participated in the ribbon-cutting ceremony for many of the stages, along with local authority representatives and the main participants. As in previous editions, Ecopilas also acknowledged the efforts of the residents and municipal authorities with the highest battery collection rates per capita.
European Battery Recycling Day
On September 9, within the framework of the Vuelta a España, which commenced that day in the French town of Nimes, Ecopilas celebrated European Battery Recycling Day. This is an initiative organised by Eucobat, the umbrella organisation for Europe’s largest collective battery
recycling systems. Ecopilas is a founding member of this association, set up in 2012. Eucobat members carry out a variety of awareness campaigns, battery collection campaigns and domestic collection box distribution campaigns in 16 countries.