- Spain’s first phosphorus recovery plant
- Low-cost materials for the removal of pharmaceuticals from treated
- Technical analysis of wipes available on the Spanish market.
- Innovative eco-solution to calcareous scaling.
- Study of treatability of whey in anaerobic digesters.
- Algete II WWTP
- New Genairclean membrane cleaning procedure.
- LIFE WINDRO Project.
- LG Chem To supply RO membranes to Egypt’s largest seawater desalination plant.
- Oriented PVC pipes, smart management for modernisation of irrigation networks.
- MASLOWATEN Project: High power photovoltaic pumping systems.
- Locating water leaks from a bird’s eye view.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF HYDRAULIC ENERGY RECOVERY
In line with the company’s commitment to a circular economy management model and efficient, sustainable use of resources, SUEZ Advanced Solutions, through Aquatec, is committed to reliable, cost-effective, renewable, hydraulic energy recovery solutions.
In recent years, greenhouse gas emissions have accelerated global warming and
the planet is facing new challenges. Overcoming these challenges requires public authorities and other actors to adopt specific measures to mitigate the effects of climate change.
How can hydraulic energy be recovered?
The SUEZ Advanced Solutions system implements minihydraulic technology to avail of hydroelectric potential (i.e., the flow and pressure available in the water supply network) in order to generate energy.
The implementation of mini-hydraulic turbines enables the recovery of energy in the water distribution and supply pipelines of the global urban water cycle system, energy which would otherwise be wasted.
Benefits of hydraulic energy recovery
The system affords economic benefits because the recovered energy can be used for self-consumption or sold. It also enables optimisation of resources, as renewable energy helps to reduce environmental impact. Because it replaces conventional sources of energy, thereby reducing CO2 emissions, mini-hydraulic technology is emerging as an excellent sustainable alternative.
• Avails of energy previously lost and enables optimised energy recovery.
• Generates 100% renewable and sustainable energy
• Replaces conventional energy and reduces CO2 emissions
• Produces electrical energy for self-consumption in nearby facilities, affording greater self-sufficiency.
• Generates financial benefits through the sale of clean energy to the grid.