The 16th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2016 organized by ICM AG will be held from March 16 – 18, 2016 in the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany.
Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from around the world.
Over 250 industry leaders from all over the world will be expected.
Topics of the conference:
• The role of different stakeholders in the ELV recycling chain
• Best available recycling technologies
• How can car manufacturers and the dismantling industry close the recycling loop?
• Life cycle and sustainability aspects of car recycling
• Can illegal treatment and exports of ELVs be countered by deregistration and implementation of a Certificate of Destruction?
• Next generation recycling processes and equipment
• How to recycle electronics in cars?
• Report on actions by global car manufacturers on how to facilitate achieving recycling goals
• Update on new laws and regulations
• Recycling capabilities of new and emerging technologies
• Circular economy & resource efficiency
• Carbon tech/tyre recycling
The conference program includes also company spotlight and tech talks.
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors. The conference is also organizing plant tours to leading recycling companies and various workshops.
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before September 30, 2015.
More info here.