Call for projects on cooperation in sustainable biomass supply

0

Selected projects will have the objective of studying cooperation possibilities for sustainable supply amongst actors who receive or provide biomass for energy production in the agro-food processing industry.

The ultimate goal is to seek more efficient energy use in the processing of agro-food products. A total of 240,000 euro in grant aid is available for these projects in 2019. 80% of this will be provided by the EAFRD, while the remaining 20% will come from the Spanish national budget.

The Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, through the Spanish Agricultural Guarantee Fund, has issued a call for projects on cooperation for the sustainable supply of biomass, within the framework of the National Rural Development Programme 2014-2020. This call for projects was issued by means of a summarised resolution published today in the Official State Gazette.

The grant aid will be allocated for the study of cooperation possibilities for sustainable supply amongst actors who receive or supply biomass for energy production in the agro-food processing industry. The ultimate objective of selected projects will be to help participants to achieve greater energy efficiency in the processing of agro-food products.