We begin 2020 with FuturENVIRO’s first special issue of the year on water, featuring our by now well established section entitled “In depth: Analysis of 2019”. In this section, leading actors and trade associations from the sector offer a review of the most significant events in the water industry during the past year.
We hope you enjoy these pages of analysis and opinion:
- Urban water sector. Fernando Morcillo, President of the Spanish Association of Water Supply and Sanitation (AEAS)
- The year in which the climate changed. Domingo Zarzo Martínez, President of the AEDyR.
- European legislation on reuse of reclaimed water for irrigation. An opportunity for Spain. Manuel Suarez, president of the ADECAGUA, Spanish Water Pollution Control Association.
- New water management problems. Lluís Ridao Martin, Director Catalan Water Agency.
- Latin american desalination and reuse market growing significantly. Juan Miguel Pinto, President of Latin American Association of Desalination and Water Reuse (ALADYR)
- State of water sector:Identification of problems and possible solutions from the business perspective. Javier Romero de Córdoba, President of the Spanish Association of Water Technology Companies (ASAGUA).
- How to ensure that water policy does not “ship water”. Andrés del Campo, President of Fenacore.
- The water r&D&i sector. Antolín Aldonza, President of the Spanish Water Technology Platform
- Water footprint, an indicator of sustainability in the mining sector. EsAgua, a network of entities committed to reducing water footprint.
Published in: FuturENVIRO #67 February 2020