Commitment to the environment and sustainability is part of the DNA of Bodegas Familiares Matarromera. Since its foundation, the company has worked in perfect harmony with nature. It is with these premises that a global environmental sustainability project called Matarromera Sostenible en Planeta Tierra (Matarromera Sustainable on Planet Earth) was born.
This project is based on 10 principles that encompass all areas of activity of the organisation and addresses them with a global vision in which, subsequent to initial evaluation, goals related to performance were set and a plan of action to achieve these goals was established.
1. Eco-efficient wineries and the design of sustainable facilities
2. Reduction of energy dependence through the use of renewable
energy. Energy efficiency
3. Emissions and carbon footprint reduction plan
4. Reduction of wine growing and winemaking water footprint
5. Waste minimisation plan
6. Circular economy. Reuse of co-products and by-products
7. Use of lighter containers and packaging with a lower
environmental impact. Ecodesign
8. Sustainable agriculture and production
9. Environmental R&D projects
10. Raising environmental awareness
In these times of technological maturity and the application of this technology to historically traditional sectors, everything related to agriculture and sustainable production acquires particular importance. This is especially true if we bear in mind that the consequences of climate change and the scarcity of water resources is affecting the agricultural sector in general.
Director of R&D&i at Bodegas Familiares Matarromera
Álvaro Catalina, María Sevillano.
R&D&i Technical specialists at Bodegas Familiares Matarromera.