The Consorcio de Residuos Sólidos Urbanos de Ciudad Real (Ciudad Real Consortium of Municipal Solid Waste) has automated the light packaging sorting plant located in the municipality of Almagro. The objective is to enhance materials recovery from the 3 t/h treatment line that was installed at the facility. STADLER was awarded the contract for the supply, installation and commissioning of the machinery and equipment needed for the automation of the light packaging sorting plant at the Almagro Municipal Solid Waste Treatment Centre. The project had a total budget of €1.4 million and was co-funded by the ERDF.
The light packaging sorting plant managed by the Consorcio de Residuos Sólidos Urbanos de Ciudad Real was automated for the purpose of enhancing materials recovery. Subsequent to upgrading, the plant, which has a capacity of 3 t/h, now features automatic sorting of the main fractions. Some of the existing equipment, supplied by Imabe Ibérica, continues to be used in the new processing line. Imabe Ibérica supplied the entire plant on a turnkey basis in 2003 and the following equipment has been retained and reconditioned:
- H-60/1000E baling press with power rating of 52 kW for continuous baling and automatic bale tying of recovered paper, board, tetra-brik and plastic packaging. Nominal output of 6 t/h.
- CH-40 baling press with power rating of 22 kW for continuous baling of recovered ferrous and non-ferrous metal containers. Nominal output of 2 t/h.
- H-80/70 baling press with power rating of 22 kW for continuous baling and automatic bale tying of recovered plastic film. Nominal output of 0.8 t/h.
The upgrading of the plant included the following actions:
- Implementation of new equipment.
- Relocation or upgrading of some existing equipment
- Adaptation of auxiliary facilities